Perhaps a safer way to clean roof gutters

Perhaps safe way to clean roof gutters would be to use a leaf blower with several sections of plastic pipe (e.g. central vacuum pipe) with an U on the end. This all plastic device would hopefully avoid some of the danger of overhead power lines when cleaning roof gutters.

Reply to
BeyerIII

That may work for some, but my roof is 30 feet up in the back of the house. I installed those inexpensive plastic screens over the gutters but still clean/inspect the gutters once a year using an extension ladder, scoop made from a recycled plastic bottle, and a garden hose to get any remaining debris out. Without the covers, I'd have to clean gutters 3 times a year. Most of the debis is pine needles.

Reply to
Phisherman

According to Robert Lenney, gutter cleaning expert whose company has cleane d out more than 5 million feet of gutter since 1996, it's the semi-annual p roject that strikes fear into the hearts of all urban and suburban warriors who face that dreaded request, "Honey, it's time to clean out the gutters! "

epdmroofers