Paint On Coat

I was wearing a nice feather-down jacket while just doing a 'quick little job' and got some white water-latex paint on it.., about two six inch 'strips.' Not very wide 1/4 inch maybe, but anyway I didn't notice it until it had already setup! Any way to get this off? I tried to 'scrape' it off with a pen-knife but it is sort of dried into the material..!! Thanks..!!
Ammonia!
TTUL Gary

On 28 Dec 2003 06:42:03 EST, snipped-for-privacy@bbs.galilei.com.nospam (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote:

I concur with the household ammonia. The sooner you remove it, the better the results. Old dried paint can be difficult to remove. Dab (rather than rub) to prevent fabric damage.
A good commercial product, Goof Off! is especially formulated to remove dried paint. http://www.goof-off.com /

Take it to a competent dry-cleaner and explain the history.