Oven cleaning help :-)

Page 2 of 2

It's not bad...took off some of the worst caked on stuff. Of course, the oven now smells spring fresh...

Oooo...something fun to try. Thanks :-)
--
'Tis Herself

My oven is okay - but I have a favorite aluminum tray like pan that has grease baked on in the corners that is beginning to look really bad. I know you can clean cast iron in the self cleaning oven, but what about aluminum? Would hate to run oven just for one pan. If anyone knows how to clean up aluminum without a lot of work please let me know. Thanks.
Dorothy
On 28 Sep 2003 22:05:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dorot29701) wrote:

Soak overnight with baking soda and hot water. The next day heat the tray with the liquid in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes then scub and rinse. Repeat if needed. Do not attempt to use harsh cleaners. Oven cleaners may pit and corrode aluminum.