outdoor mold problem

I think I heard somewhere that the chemicals you put into a swimming pool will work. I would check with a pool store first and be sure to use a yard sprayer.

Reply to
Boca Jan

I have an outdoor wooden shed that seems to be prone to mold. I have used bleach to remove it but it seems to return. Any suggestions?

Reply to
judy

More air circulation, better drainage, more sunlight. When you repaint, add a packet of mildew/mold chemical to the primer and paint.

Reply to
Phisherman

A strip of zinc along the shed roof peak will help with this problem by providing a chemical barrier of zinc carbonate which rainwater releases from the strip. A lumber yard should have them. These strips are often used on the roofs of houses to combat mold. I can't see why they would not work on the sides, too, although they would have to be nailed on where they would be exposed to rainfall.

Like this, for example:

Tom Miller