Original meaning of CLR

I've heard lately on the radio, particularly Paul Harvey that CLR stands for Calcium, Lime and Rust. I say that it originally stood for Calcium, Lime Remover. Does anyone else remember this?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Paul Harvey is correct.

Reply to
Phisherman

____Reply Separator_____ Yes he is, for once. From Jelmar:

Dear Mr. TomKanPa:

Thank you for writing regarding CLR(r) Calcium, Lime, & Rust Remover, and thank you for visiting our website. We at Jelmar always look forward to hearing from satisfied customers regarding our products.

CLR(r) has always stood for calcium, lime and rust.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

I don't know, but the stuff never touches the rust stains I try it on.

Reply to
Ame

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:13:24 -0500, "Ame" scribbled in red crayon:

Doesn't work on anything I've ever tried it on. A waste of money.

- ~Piper~ Every path has some puddles.

Reply to
Piper

____Reply Separator_____

I like it. I think the wife would prefer I use this in lieu of "Shit Happens!"

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

On 21 Aug 2003 20:15:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) scribbled in red crayon:

Probably. :o) Of course, puddles don't usually hit the proverbial fan. Nor is it easy to be up Puddle Creek without a paddle. It looses something.

Anyway, I change it at least once a week or whenever I think about it.