orange stain, white skirt

I got an orange stain on a 98% cotton, 2% spandex white skirt. I think it might be mango, but really don't know.
I've used Shout, lye soap, Oxi-Clean, bleach on a q-tip, and pouring boiling water from a height all to no avail. I'd appreciate any help you might give.
Thanks. Lobo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:53:59 -0600, "Lobo"

If it is food stain, the Oxi-Clean (or bleach) should have worked. In a 2-cup Pyrex container heat 1/4 cup water to boiling. Add a heaping tablespoon of Oxi-Clean and stir. This will suddenly foam up. Within a minute, apply to the stain. Repeat if needed.
Or you can apply a paste made from equal parts of the following: - Dove dishwashing liquid - Clorox II powder - Hot water
If the stain is actually from an orange, white vinegar will remove the stain.

Hi Lobo,
Try using acetic acid or white vinegar (pickling vinegar is strongest). Use it neat applying with a dropper or tea spoon to the center of the stain, tamp in and then flush through before drying. After that hydrogen peroxide should get rid of remainikng colour.
We have some step-by-step examples on www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/Stains_techniques1.asp and the method is the same as with the tea stain.
Hope this helps.
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk

it
Use
The stain has sort of faded with all these treatments, but it's still there. For a time, I thought it might be rust as the skirt has a metal zipper, but the stain is on top of the fly and doesn't go through to the zipper side. It seems most likely to be mango, tomato or some other food stain from dropping something in my lap. I was on a trip and ate a lot of fish with exotic sauces and desserts with raspberry and other sauces. Lobo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~