Opinions needed on best steam cleaner

I remember reading on the groups that the Euro Pro ones aren't great. Please share which steam cleaner you like and why. Thanks.

It depends on what you want to use it on. I have 2 different ones and I prefer one over the other.

I have arthritis in my hands so I like the "Steam Buggy"-I bought it on eBay for quite a deal--you can also find parts for it if you ned them on eBay. It gives a strong shot of steam for a long time.

I also have a "Steam Penguin", this one you have to pump with your thumb-that's why I don't use it as much. It doesn't hold as much water and the steam isn't as strong as the "Steam Buggy". It's good for small jobs. But I would not recommend it for consistant use!! Sijka

Reply to
sijka

I'd like to know which one is the most powerful and can get into nooks and crannies of carved wood.

I have the Euro-Pro Steam Shark. It has several attachments - one of which is the detail brush. It's a round brush about the size of a pencil and it has a lot of power behind it...good for cleaning the grout in tile floors and other things where you want to concentrate on small areas. It works find for other things as well but I may not be as particular as other people.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

I found a Eureka Hot Shot steamer at Lowes for $25. It was a floor model without attachmets.

Wasn't worth the electricty it took to heat up the 1 cup of water it holds.

The only thing it did do effectively is melt the "Liquid Gold" the previous owner sprayed all over the wood cabinets. Man-o-man, I have a mess now.

It was much more effective to get a _dry_ rag to remove grease and grime.

Reply to
Brian Schonecker

I also have a steam buggy that I bought on ebay that I like a lot. I use it for big jobs like when I am cleaning windows or a major bathroom deal. I also have one that is hand held that I use for quickies, like a stain on the carpet or furniture. I use it to clean my fridge at least once a month...couldn't imagine cleaning a fridge any other way. It is only good for 15 minutes at the most, but it does the job in that amount of time. I don't find the window attachments good on either one...I still wipe glass down with paper towels, but the pressure from both of them will blast off little fly spots or soap scum in a second.

Reply to
The Data Rat

I have a Eureka Evnirosteamer that I use on all my hard flooring (tile, vinyl, and laminate.) It was inexpensive and does a good job but is a single task steam mop only. You do have to use a broom and/or Swiffer before using the steamer as it doesn't pick up particulate. It leaves the floor a little wet, but dries in about 5 minutes. I also have a small hand-held steamer. It is OK, but runs out of steam (literally) too fast. The window attachment is useless but it is great for getting into crevasses that are otherwise impossible to clean. It works fine on the refrigerator, stove, and sink. If I were in the market for another steamer, I would get one with a larger reservoir that you could fill "on the fly" rather than having to let it cool. The one advertised on HSN (Europro I believe) looks better than what I have. Once you move beyond the $200 range, you start to see much higher steam temperatures which presumably do a better job and leave surfaces dryer. Unfortunately, you start to see very hefty prices.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I have a DeLonghi Steam-It-Clean that puts out about 45 minutes of 250 F

50 psi steam. It runs about $300 (Frontgate.com has 'em), comes with a bunch of brush/squeegee attachments, and can do a direct jet for detail work. Sucker can strip mildew off grout in seconds; the only thing it doesn't clean is waxed floors, as it melts the wax. As usual with steam cleaners, it doesn't pick up particulate. I usually use a sponge for that.

The Blue Zebra

Reply to
The Blue Zebra

If you are in the Cincinnati area, you can pick up one of the DeLonghi steamers at a deep discount at the Frontgate Outlet Store. I was there on Tuesday and they had several unit. I don't recall the price, but most items are discounted by about fifty percent.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Register with Consumer Reports, no advertising, unbiased product testing. lucy

Reply to
lucy