oily towels

We received a stack of large heavy towels that were used in a tanning salon. They are perfect to use around the pool, but I wonder if I will ever be able to get rid of that grimy feeling from the lotion used in the salon. If you have a solution for me, please share, otherwise I'll have to throw them out.
Monique

Problem doesn't seem intractable. Wash in detergent and bleach. Don't overload machine. Do several loads if towels are really that large & heavy.
If still not satisfied, don't throw them out; donate to a thrift shop.
Aspasia
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

Why bleach? Heavy-duty powdered detergents and hot water help remove oil.