off topic/ eyeglass cleaner

what would be effective to clean eyeglasses??? i have tried so many items on the market which do not do it. thanks in advance!!!!!

Reply to
mjs

I've had glasses for over 30 years. Found good old-fashioned shampoo (after it's been lathered up on the head) to work very well. Don't use it straight, as it will smear.

Reply to
GIJane

When at home..........a couple of seconds under the "hot" water tap in the kitchen sink...........followed by drying with an old cotton tee shirt works for me.

Reply to
Bubbalicious

I use water with maybe 20% rubbing alcohol and a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent in a plastic bottle such as dishwashing detergent comes in.

For wiping, I keep my worn-out cotton athletic socks. They have lots of absorbant surface and I can throw them into the washer with other laundry.

To see an oily smear, I clean glasses over something that reflects almost no light. An oatmeal box lined with black paper or painted flat black inside is an example. You tilt the box away from any light so that the bottom looks very black. If you hold your glasses over the box in the light, smears on the lenses should show clearly against the black background.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall

REXTON OPTYL-7 LENS/OPTICAL/CD-DVD MEDIA CLEANER.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA