Need help with dirty shoes!

I have 2 pairs of light-colored Nubuck shoes which have gotten dirty, and brushing them with a suede brush isn't getting them any cleaner. Is there any cleaning product that will work on Nubuck shoes? Thanks in advance.
Eva
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:18:11 GMT, "Eva"

I have sold and cleaned numerous shoes (including bowling shoes) in my lifetime, but I have not heard of "Nubuck." Cleaning depends on the material you want to clean. For example, bowling shoe cleaning involves the sole (leather), heel (rubber), laces (cotton) and leather parts.

there
-------------- It's like suede, only with a rougher texture. About.com defines it as "Leather that is buffed on the grain (hair) side of the grain to produce a velvety fine nap."
Eva
Phisherman wrote:

I got curious and looked it up. It may be difficult or impossible to clean. There are special sponges, cloths, and cleaners. The general approach is to apply cleaner with a sponge to make a foam on the surface, then wipe with terrycloth.

I had some white nubuck shoes years ago. At that time, there was a type of dry cleaner available -- it was like a little fabric bag with some type of cleaning powder in it. We would tap it all over the suede-like nubuck, and it did a pretty decent job of absorbing grime. I don't know what it was called, but you might want to ask at a shoe repair to see if they know if it is still available. I think a shoe repair might be a better source of information than a shoe store.
MaryL

there
of
and