Mounting VCR/Cable/DVD boxes on TV.

I hope that I'm posting this message to the right newsgroups. Let me know, if I'm not.

I have an RCA tv that I acquired in 1996. It's NOT a flat screen tv, but it doesn't look like a good one to balance a VCR or Cable box on top of. Is there some kind of bracket or mounting device that I can put on top of the TV so that I can put the VCR and/or other boxes on top of the TV with little fear of it falling?

I saw one advertised on television a few years ago, but I didn't need it again, and I didn't get it. I also never saw it advertised again. Thanks in advance for any information that you can give me.

Reply to
Patrick D. Rockwell

"Patrick D. Rockwell" wrote in news:q0KIb.45814$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

I think this is what you're looking for:

You might also check in some computer stores, as they also make similar units to place on top of monitors.

HTH Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Most TV stands don't just allow you to store such equipment near the TV, they also keep them away form the TV to avoid interfearence. Centre speakers which sit on top of a TV are magnettically sheilded for the same reason. So the reality is that it isn't advisable that the so called Set Top Box (STB) should be placed on top of the TV.

Reply to
John Russell