Mop drying rack or device?

Is there a device for quick drying of a mop? I mean a traditional mop with rope-like strands, head not remove-able. I seem to have irradicated some snow fleas by caulking up edges of a sink and bathtub, and I don't want to create a hospitable environment for them to return by taking several days f or a mop head to dry. Ideally, the device (be it a rack or something) shou ld be collapsable due to space issues. Googling mop-drying-rack doesn't tu rn up anything relevant.

Reply to
andymhancock

replying to andymhancock, Iggy wrote: There isn't anything I know of. But, simply standing the mop on its handle and parting the strands down the middle will usually get everything bone dry by the next day. Assuming, you don't shove it in a closet and rather, stand it up out on the porch or even in sunlight.

Otherwise, leaving a fan blowing on it or treating it like wet hair with a hairdryer will speed up the process considerably. This, would be along the rack idea you're looking for, by using any barbecue or oven rack to lay the head and its strands on.

However, the head is removable...it got on the handle somehow. In that case, most people treat the heads like clothing and run them, without the metal, in the clothes washer and dryer. This is the absolute best method and allows you to sanitize the mop head quite easily.

Reply to
Iggy