Microwave smells

My microwave is smelling of pastcooking I've tried to put lemon in to see if it gets rid of the smell to no avail, the microwave itself is but as I say the odour or stale cooking lingers. How can I get rid of it. Apologies if I'm in thwrong group, but if so is there a group that can help me please.

Baking soda is a very good kitchen cleaner that removes odors. You may need to remove a plastic shield on the upper side of the microwave interior (using a screwdriver) and clean that too.

if
Boil a cup of vinegar and water and leave it sit in there after boiling...maybe 1/2 hour. Then wipe down with damp sponge.
Alternately, before you leave for the day, crumple up some newsprint and pack in cold microwave. Newsprint will help to absorb some smells.
You can also leave fragrant spices in there while you aren't using it, but IMO, that just replaces one stink with another.
-Oldy
thanks "Oldylocks" <no> wrote in message

see
say
if
please.
Microwave Oven Cleaner Zap the grease and grime on microwave ovens, inside and out! MICROWAVE OVEN CLEANER's special lemon scented formula safely cleans and easily removes baked-on food and grease on all microwave surfaces. Use on plastic, stainless steel, glass, enamel and chrome. Won't scratch surface.

if