Microwave

I accidently put something in the microwave that shouldn't have been microwaved and it burnt , now I am having difficulty in getting rid of the burnt smell, I have tried cleaning it and putting a drop of water in a dis with some washing up liquid but it still wont get rid unless the washing up liquid is not strong enough smell wise, does anybody in the group have a solution please.

Reply to
PWB

Try making a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it to the interior and allow it to dry. Then rinse off. Good luck, those microwave odors can be awful!

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I would probably remove the interior plastic (held in place with a few screws) and hand-wash the piece. This will also give you access to other parts to the microwave you can clean. A warm soapy solution with some household ammonia should help cut some of the grease buildup. Of course, unplug the unit while cleaning and don't lose the screws.

My microwave booklet states to put a cup of water in a quart container and bring to a boil. Shut off the microwave, wait 5 minutes, the wipe the interior. This method works great for typical cleaning and for loosening baked-on food, but the burnt food odor is another matter.

Reply to
Phisherman

This would probably be most effective. I think burned microwave popcorn has got to be the worst odor to get rid of!

Nan

Reply to
Nan

A bowl of vinegar. Heat to boiling. Let it sit with the door closed. You can reheat it every few minutes.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

The bowl of white vinegar would be my suggestion. After you finish with it, put some baking soda down your drain and follow with the hot vinegar solution. Helps clean your drain.

Reply to
Dottie

PWB submitted this idea :

Cooking something and not burning it will purge the burnt smell. It's easy to burn popcorn, and it usually lingers until you cook something else.

Reply to
Dan S.

replying to Nan, MARCELOD2 wrote: yes

Reply to