microfiber cloths

I know I shouldn't wash microfiber cloths with towels but what about anything else? What about the synthetic sheep skin wool thing my pooches rest on?
Bonnie in NJ

I wasn't aware that was a no no, do you have the reasons why? I've washed mine in a mixed wash and boil wash before now without a problem.

I wash mine also. I just don't use fabric softener on them.

OK. I thought I had heard that somewhere about the towels. Something about attracting the towel lint. Guess not. I don't use fabric softener on my towels because I think it reduces their absorbency properties. But I guess I'll just wash my microfiber with any other item from now on.
What is a boil wash?
Thanks
Bonnie
On Sun 08 May 2005 06:06:10p, Bonnie wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

No no no! The microfiber cloths will pick up lint from any other type of fabric. They need to be wash alone and without fabric softener.
--
Wayne Boatwright **

What are microfiber cloths? I don't think I've ever used them, unless they are like the cloths come with a Swifter. Are they used for dusting? Sorry to be so clueless, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Sis
On Sun 08 May 2005 10:33:15p, Sis wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

What you can read here will explain it better than I can. I can say that they are unbelievable and really do work.
http://tinyurl.com/cznyq
--
Wayne Boatwright **

Thanks, Wayne. Are they available in stores or do they have to be ordered online on the site you gave me? Sis
On Mon 09 May 2005 07:38:42a, Sis wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

I don't know where you live, but I've seen them in Walmart and in our local supermarkets. There are many online sites that sell them. I posted that particular one because they described what microfiber is, not because it's a preferred site.
Most of the cloths I've seen locally, however, have been of the smaller sizes. A large variety of sizes are available on the various websites.
HTH
--
Wayne Boatwright

that
Both Sam's Club and Costco have them in the auto department. They are selling for around $8 for 16 cloths, each 16 x 16 inches. I would assume that auto stores like Auto Zone and Pep Boys would also have them.
On Mon 09 May 2005 10:04:06a, Vox Humana wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Thanks, Vox, that's good to know. A better buy than most places.
--
Wayne Boatwright
"Wayne Boatwright" >

Yes...that's it! Anything that produces lint shouldn't be washed with microfiber. And No bleach either.
Thanks Wayne.
On Mon 09 May 2005 03:44:45a, Bonnie wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

You're welcome. Yes, that's right, no bleach either. I should have said that.
--
Wayne Boatwright
I like to use them on my floors..i have a swifter and i just wet the microfiber cloth and stick it in the holes on the swifter, rinse and re-use it. I find it works better then those cloths that you buy for them and cheaper..lol MJ

of

re-use
I use them dry in my Swiffer mop. They do a good job in dusting and are also MUCH cheaper than using a dry Swiffer cloth.
On 9 May 2005 04:43:54 +0200, Wayne Boatwright

Lol I'm doing it all wrong then AND I've bleached them

The water is boiling when you wash the items. I do it on my stovetop in a big pan.

Microfibre cloths are meant to wick up any dirt and can wick up much more than a normal cloth. When you wash then the dirt comes out and mixes in the wash bath. If there's anything other than microfibre cloths there may be redeposition onto your clothes, making them dirty and gray and almost impossible to clean.
That's the principle reason for not mixing them.
Conditioner coats the fibres and stops or inhibits the wicking process, ruinning the effectiveness of the cloths.
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk

How is that different than washing any other dirty clothes?

Yes, you can wash them with towels. The only rule is no fabric softener. I've used them for years and treated them this way and they still work like new.
Cindy