Mice in attic crawlspace

I have a storage area behind a kneewall accessible only by removing a panel held in place with screws. It's opened in the spring, Fall, and Winter... once each. It's well insulated, dry, and holds window air conditioners, Xmas decor, and a window screen for my office. Nothing "nutritious... but definitely a cozy little hideaway... or hibernation spot.
Is there anything I can spray or throw around that will discourage mice from using this area as a plush winter resort? I noticed signs that I had "visitors" this past Winter and I'd like to pull the welcome mat in before they bring their relatives this Fall.
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:02:31 GMT, "John Gregory"

You might try putting out mothballs if the smell from them won't bother you. I've found them to be pretty effective in repelling critters.
Nan
Yes, the mothballs work well. We use them in our outbuilding to keep critters out and they work well. Test though; be sure the odor won't bother you. If there isn't much air movement into the room from that are it'll probably be OK; depends. Put the all around the edges of the area to be protected; sort of a barrier.
Pop

Thanks. I'll check the other forum. I think moth balls do work.

-> I have a storage area behind a kneewall accessible only by removing a panel -> held in place with screws. It's opened in the spring, Fall, and Winter... -> once each. It's well insulated, dry, and holds window air conditioners, Xmas -> decor, and a window screen for my office. Nothing "nutritious... but -> definitely a cozy little hideaway... or hibernation spot. -> -> Is there anything I can spray or throw around that will discourage mice from -> using this area as a plush winter resort? I noticed signs that I had -> "visitors" this past Winter and I'd like to pull the welcome mat in before -> they bring their relatives this Fall.
news: alt.consumers.pest-control
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~