marble tile cleaning

I have polished marble tiles that have scuff markes from the plastic protectors that are attached to the bottom of timber chairs. Looking at the tiles they appear to be clean, but I have large windows that let in a lot of light and at an angle the polished tiles are clearly scuffed. Does anyone have any suggestions for removing these scuff marks and returning the unmarked polished look to the tiles?
On 22 Nov 2004 21:31:51 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@playful.com (Dave) wrote:

Have you tried buffing out the marks? I believe kerosene (a small amount on a rag) would be more effective than ammonia for removing residue plastic.
snipped-for-privacy@playful.com (Dave) wrote in message

This sounds weird, but I'm a housekeeper and I use a pencil eraser to clean scuff marks.