Lingering moldy smell in towels

I'm at a loss and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

My towels are washed on a regular basis, dried in the dryer and always hung to dry between uses.

When they initially come out of the dryer, they smell nice and clean. But almost after the first use, they smell moldy/funky.

I'm using Tide unscented detergent on the hot water setting for the washer and figured that was enough - but the smell persists.

Time for new towels?

Reply to
Red

-> I'm at a loss and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

->

-> My towels are washed on a regular basis, dried in the dryer and always

-> hung to dry between uses.

->

-> When they initially come out of the dryer, they smell nice and clean.

-> But almost after the first use, they smell moldy/funky.

->

-> I'm using Tide unscented detergent on the hot water setting for the

-> washer and figured that was enough - but the smell persists.

->

-> Time for new towels?

->

Try adding bleach to the wash. See if this helps. (Cheap towels will change color. Better towels will not.)

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Maybe just time for a clean one. I reuse my towels a couple times during the winter months. But in summer they never really dry between uses and they get that smell if I don't use a fresh one every day. Gross.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

No. I suspect they are hanging in a damp location with insufficent ventilation. Adding bleach and Boraxo to your laundry will help.

Reply to
Phisherman