Limescale

Can someone please help with suggestions to remove limescsale from toilet bowls? As I have a septic tank, I have to be very careful about what I put into it. Many thanks David
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:11:01 +1100, "David Thomson"

There are several commercial products that should work well. CRL, The Works, and LimeAway are such products. Empty the bowel using a plastic cup before using the product. To be sure, read the label before you purchase to be certain about proper septic tank care. Vinegar might work, so you may want to give that a try first. Do not use any tool or abrasive cleaner that will scratch porcelain.

There's no need to bail the water out with a cup. Pushing the water out, by plunging the toilet brush into the throat of the bowl a few times, works fine.
LimeAway toilet cleaner, a thick/gel product, works fine for me, and we have very limey water.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."

put
ha ha ha Toilet humour

At Barbecue Bob's, you won't need a plastic cup to empty the bowel. There's never a line because we have 74 stalls!
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Oy! 74 stalls and only 3 tables to eat at? Doesn't speak too well of your food!
Thanks Bob but you're too far from Australia!\ David

There's never a line because we have 74 stalls!
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Since we installed an internet terminal in each stall, that's where most customers prefer to eat.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Hmmm... Must be better food in there, too!

Would I be allowed in? I don't have a dongle!

At one time I didn't even know what a dongle was! In those days, a grouchy old man and his houseboys used to buy one meat pie and stay in the restroom all day. I had to have security cameras installed to see what they were doing. They were using my terminals to troll the usenet anonymously!
That's why we require our customers to have dongles. Cindi, our attendant, will give you one if you ask. You'll need photographic identification but won't have to leave a deposit.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Not a Fray Bentos meat pie was it?

I wondered where Cindi had gone

rotfl

Sounds familiar.

She showed up here hitchhiking. She said she'd run off with a usenet gigolo, and when her money was gone, so was he.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

most
McDonalds are going the Wi-Fi route so he may be trolling and eating a happy meal there instead. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/business/articles/timid72664?source

Usually poring a bucket of water in the bowel will cause it to empty.