lily pollen

Hi, i have a lily pollen stain on my carpet, after my son knocked over some flowers this morning. I tried rubbing it out but it went worst, i also tried steaming it. anyone have any advice? thanks Ryan
Ryan,
Mmmmmmmmmmmm pollen, my favorite.
Pollen seems to act a lot like toner, which needs to be handled DRY. No water, soap, spray...
With a new bag in the vac, give it a few passes. If you have a canister, use the end of the hose, without an attachment.
Do not rub with a cloth, but brush with a brush of appropriate texture for your carpet. (Don't use your wire BBQ brush on the wool, and then blame me). Brush toward the center of the stain, to avoid making the stain bigger.
This will not come out quickly, try not to think about it inbetween cleanings.
Also, please note that did not show any bias against any race, religion, sex, age, or political party.
I am biased against the use of any moisture when cleaning pollen.
J.
: Hi, i have a lily pollen stain on my carpet, after my son knocked over some : flowers this morning. I tried rubbing it out but it went worst, i also tried : steaming it. anyone have any advice? : thanks : Ryan : :
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:51:36 +0000 (UTC), "Ryan Wain"

A shop vac will usually remove most dry powders, or you can use the crevice attachment to a regular vacuum cleaner. Then use a moist cleaning powder per manufacturer's directions (I use "Resolve" with 99% success in removing carpet stains.)

Bees will remove pollen if shown where it is. You could paint a large lily on your carpet and play a CD of lily sounds, but it's easier to pour half a jar of honey on the stain and use the other half to make a trail of honey out to your front walk or the nearest apiary.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Hi Ryan,
Again, peroxide will try to hide the stain but not treat it. So try using acetic acid (pickling vinegar will substitute) and then flushing through before drying as much as possible. Then try peroxide for any residue.
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web