lexan plastic bowel stain

i have a food processor--processor bowel is clear plasstic--i suspect lexan
ran some dried chilli peppers through it to pulverize--what was left was a very superficial stain ( rd color of the petters0 tried, detergent, oxy stain dremover and dish waser powder and ver very fine pummice--bleach does not remove it
any suggestions on how to remove it?--i suspect there are plastic polishing compound out there but not usee it would work as pummice did not tia peter

Proctor and Gamble has a new product called Cascade Plastic Booster. It is designed to remove red lycopin stains from plastics. http://www.homemadesimple.com/cascade/products/booster.shtml
Vox Humana
i dont know if this went through so reposting it
got the cascade plastic boost--seems to be mainly benzoyl peroide--smeared it on stain no results--mixed it with cascade powder and will see what is left in am
incidently tried sodium hydroxide to no avial
tia peter
On Wed 06 Apr 2005 08:00:31p, ilaboo wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

I have to ask... Is it that earthshatteringly important to rid this workbowl of the stain? After all, it *is* a *work* bowl. For what you're paying in cleaning products, you'll soon be able to buy a replacement.
As a long time user of food processors, I have to stay that while I've never had a stain, my bowls eventually turn almost frosted from the abrasion chopped hard foods like nuts, frozen cranberries, etc. It's an expected condition that I have no problem living with.
--
Wayne Boatwright
Wayne
On Thu 07 Apr 2005 04:49:12p, ilaboo wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

I think almost anyone would find this aggravating! (sorry, Peter, I couldn't resist)

FWIW, there may have been some kind of chemical reaction that caused the stain to set so indelibly. Not a matter of permeating below the surface of the plastic.
If you wash your f/p parts in the dishwasher, I wouldn't think that processing raw meats would be much of a hazard.
--
Wayne Boatwright
ilaboo

Try this. Don't know about chili pepper dust, but it works great on other stains and scratches on Lexan.
http://www.novuspolish.com/polish-home-frameset.htm
By the way, it's "bowl" not "bowel."
Tom
i tried pumice to no avail--i think what happened is that something got caught between the edge of the blade and the bowl and the pepper material actually got welded into the plastic from the heat
i dont know if i posted what worked but plastic booster with paste made of it and cascade dishwasher soap took iot off after 2 attemps overnight--plastic booster says copntaions benzoyl peroxide--merch index for beta cartotene says it turns colorless when exposed to oxygen
fwiw
peter