leather cleaning

Anyone know of any way to clean white leather? I have a sofa and a love seat and it is just terrible. I have tried everything I could think of.
Susan
I have some off white leather i'm trying to clean too. What did you use?
Hi Susan ,
Why dont you try using " Stanley Leather Cleaner "
http://www.stanley-home-products.com/stanleyhomeproducts/cart.php?target=product&product_id $4 Vince
this newsgroup with:

Try using Gojo hand cleaner (NON pumice!). Most auto supply stores will stock it. Contains lanolin. Comes in tubes (usually with lemon scent).
Will clean *very* well, leaves no reside and the lanolin will remoisturize the leather.
Most stains are caused by oil and dirt. The handcleaner (generally used for cleaning oily/dirty hands from working on a car), works very well in raising and removing that nasty stuff imbedded into the leather.
Just wipe on, rub in, and wipe off. Remember, do NOT use a hand cleaner that contains pumice! Any equavalant hand cleaner that doesn't contain pumice and *does* contain lanolin should work equally as well. I've just always used the Gojo version that comes in a tube. Use clean cotton cloths and turn frequently.
Works great on leather car seats as well.
And the best thing is that it's cheap.
This tip was given to me by a professional detailer.
let us know what worked
i suspect it's going to be difficult as teh stais are probably oil based and have seaped into the leatehr--there is a product which in essence lays a very fine layer of absorbant powder over the stain and the oil is absorbed into the dust
never used it but read about it
hth peter