Lean Mean Cookin Machine

I am looking for some suggestions on cleaning George Foreman's indoor lean mean cooking machine...the booklet that came with it does not really address the cleaning issue other than, do not stick it in the dish washer.....I do not like the idea of using heavy duty degreasers...then putting a hamburger or steak on the grill to cook, thanks for your suggestions, Gary

Reply to
Gary Boyer

Anita

-> baking soda on a damn sponge.

Did you actually mean "damn" or maybe you meant "damp"?!

Reply to
Suzie-Q

As I recall, the surface is non-stick and it comes with a comb that is used to clean out the grooves. After using the comb, I would simply wash the non-stick surface off with a dishrag or wet paper towel.

Reply to
Vox Humana

The Foreman Grill? Put a couple of wet paper towels in it when you take the food off, after scraping it with the grooved spatula that it comes with. That should loosen anything else so that it can be wiped out while still warm with a sponge or more damp towels.

Reply to
jamie

When you finish cooking something on it, unplug it. Then wet a couple of paper towels, squeeze out the excess water, place them on the grill and close the cover. Enjoy your meal, then when you are finished eating, go back to the grill, open it up, use the paper towels to wipe the surface. If necessary, wet another paper towel and wipe again.

This leaves it clean and grease free.

Reply to
Tracey

"Tracey" wrote in news:OinGc.929$m% snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

Back in the early 90's, one of the first contact grills for the home was a product made in France, though I can't remember the name of it. We owned one for about 3 meals cooked on it. The grilling was wonderful, but I hated the cleanup, even with the paper towels (which I admit works admirably).

If I can't dishwasher it, I don't want it! For myself, I learned that lesson years ago.

Reply to
Wayne

I put mine in the sink and rinse it with hot water. Then I wash the whole thing with regular dish soap and rinse.

Just make sure it has dried completely before you plug it back in.

Just because it says not to immerse in water doesn't mean that you can't get it wet.

Reply to
Dave in Columbus

Hi Wayne

We had one too eons ago!

Only ours the cooking plates were both reversible and removable. One side was flat with grooves, the other side was like a grill with very deep grooves and narrow tops where the meat rested.

We tossed ours into the dishwasher and never had a problem from that.

However, the designer of the item must have never cooked anything in his life, not even hamburgers. There was NO PLACE for grease to go at all, other than down into the grooves. From their it would run down into the coil area and be a potential fire hazard.

Since the plates were aluminum and the housing mainly plastic. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole in each plate near the front and notched out the plastic to hold an empty tuna can wedged under the plate and within the front lower handle which was also cut to accomodate this tuna can. It was insulated from the heating coils of course by the ceramic panel inside.

This at least made the thing usable for a short time, then the upper heating element burned out and a replacement could not be obtained, so we filed it in the circular file #13.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.