Laundry Proof Pen?

Hi,
Is there a readily available pen for marking clothes labels? I have a problem knowing which clothes can go into the washer/dryer and which can't. It would help if my wife could mark those clothes that require special handling.
Thanks, Gary
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:31:12 -0400, "Gary Brown"

Yes, they are called "laundry markers" and are little different from the Sharpie you wrote about.
________________________ Whatever it takes.
Are you saying that Gary Brown and Greg Buggy are one in the same? They are the only posts I could find with a similar topic re sharpies. If so can you tell me how you came to this conclusion? I don't dispute it nor am I trying to be derisive, I'm just very curious.
Also, what is the nitro solvent to which you refered? It is some kind of hydrocarbon? I think I once saw a gun cleaner by that name.
And, while I don't know your background, you seemed fairly knowledgeable about the solvents. Any idea how a HC based solvent like brasso can clean and polish metal ( with any abrasive compounds being excluded.)
A hodepodge of odd questions to be sure, but I am a very curious person. A bit miswired perhaps, but curious non the less.
Thank you Irving D.
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:05:06 -0400, Michael A. Ball

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 22:54:54 -0400, Irving Drinkwine <IdrinkwineATHotmailDOTcom> wrote:

I don't recall suggesting, in any way, to even the slightest degree, "that Gary Brown and Greg Buggy are one in the same" person. I don't have a clue, and frankly I couldn't care less. I responded to the messages: not the messengers.
Yes, nitro solvent is a hydrocarbon concoction for cleaning guns.
My knowledge of solvents is only very slightly beyond that of the average person. Solvents are interesting to me because of what they can do--and undo. I also enjoy the scent of most solvents.
I'm not a chemist, but metal usually tarnish as a result of oxidation. The opposite chemical reaction is reduction. So a solvent merely provides a medium for a reduction reaction. Perhaps a more knowledgeable poster will see this and set us straight.
I recall that Brasso contains petroleum distillates, but somehow I never considered "HC based". I do consider it abrasive, but "abrasive" is a relative descriptor.
_______________________________ Dirty deeds done dirt cheap; free, in some cases.
E Z Peaces wrote:

How very amusing. It took me a while... I'm having it on toast this very minute.