LAUNDRY DETERGENT

Question may be off-topic but this group was the closest I could find. With nearly every laundry detergent out there being "concentrated," I'm finding that the wash loads are not rinsing well - even after running it through several times with just water! Can anyone out there recommend a laundry detergent that washes but completely rinses out the soap? Having a tough time finding detergent that is not "concentrated". Thanks in advance -- Brian
BrianInNY wrote:

If it is concentrated, you only need to use a small bit. I have noticed that the scoop provided in the concentrated version I get is much larger than the quantity the directions on the box say to use. I've replaced it with a measuring spoon.
--Betsy

We have a water softener because the water around here is very hard. The result is that a little bit of liquid detergent makes a very large amount of suds and I have to really watch it or the soap doesn't completely rinse out. I have started using white vinegar in the little cup that is supposed to be used for water softener. I use Arm & Hammer for Sensitive Skin and only use about half the recommended amount. I tried other detergents but they made my husband's skin itch ...
Dorothy wrote:

I use automatic liquid as do most here in the UK- as automatics are so common here. It doesn't make bubbles and I have always felt without bubbles it doesn't wash clean, which is ridiculous because it does. It washes out far easier than powder. My machine rinses four times including a conditioner rinse and I have not had a problem with anything being stiff since I started with the auto liquid.

I do a combination of things. First off, I use approx. half the amount of detergent called for on the package. Second, if I'm still noticing soap residue in the clothes, I will use white vinegar in the rinse cycle. I pour it in where the fabric softener is supposed to go. The vinegar removes the soap residue, and any vinegar odor is gone by the time the clothes come out of the dryer.
Dee