Laundry aids -lingerie

hand wash ? mesh bags ? bra balls? I have had a bad experience with washing an underwired bra in my machine. Normally such items would be hand washed in my household but there we go, it slipped by me and sneaked in and not only was the bra ruined, the machine wasn't too happy either. As I have three bra wearers in my home at present then we have a lot to hand wash and thought maybe the mesh bags would be useful if I stopped hand washing and used the machine. I then spotted the bra ball which seemed a good idea but maybe quite expensive if it is one per bra. I do like the way it stops crushing as well as keeping the wires in place - so say. I often wear a vest with built in bra so I doubt I could fit it into the ball but hopefully someone out there, if anyone still frequents this group, may give me the benefit of their knowledge. TIA
Mrs Bonk wrote:

I've recently been able to buy bras with removable underwires. It is great to be able to take them out for washing.
I have resorted to the unorthodox method of making underwires removable by cutting a slit in the underwire casing with a seam ripper. This does not help the longevity of the bra of course. The slit has to be tiny, crosswise, in a location where it will not cause discomfort, and as far from the end of the casing as is possible for removing the wire. If the slit is too close to the end, the underwire may start poking out during wear. If the casing has no extra length, it may not be possible.
--Betsy

I have found that those mesh bags work well. I think you have to be sure that you do not overload your washer and give the mesh bags space to move around, but I like them.
aloha, Cea
pure kona wrote:

Betsy wrote:

How very interesting. I struggle to get an underwire back in sometimes. It seems to come out of the smallest hole which promptly disappears (normally at the underarm end) Next time I will try making a slit at the bottom. I am surprised Phish has made no contribution to this thread,mmmm - perhaps he doesn't wear underwires?
Mrs Bonk wrote:

u-n-d-e-r-w-a-r-e. Some of mine have wires so I can plug them into the lighter outlet in my car (or any car) in winter. I like to wear another pair under them so I don't have to wash them. Washing electrical equipment can cause shorts, and shorts in your shorts can be uncomfortable.
E Z Peaces wrote:

Why do you always talk in riddles? Are you trying to say you have something short in your shorts?
Mrs Bonk wrote:

insinuating. I no longer wear my speedos at the park. The policeman told me I was so darned good looking that I was making other people self-conscious.
E Z Peaces wrote:

Warning to all children and those of a sensitive nature. Do not Google "speedos" images! EZ- Are you Borat? The all American guy?
Mrs Bonk wrote:

know I meant the ranger, and then you would guess immediately. What must I do to protect my privacy around here?
E Z Peaces wrote:

Wear a bigger flag!

You two are so funny.