laundry

anyone know a good way to get ranch dressing out of a shirt that's 50% cotton and 50% polyester? thanks a bunch, glenn

Hi Glenn,
What's in the Ranch Dressing? -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:01:00 -0000, "DrClean"

In ranch dressing there's typically vegetable oil, egg yolk, milk, sugar and salt. If the shirt was already laundered, the stain may be "set" and much more difficult to remove. It may be a combination stain from the veg oil and protein. An oxygen bleach (OxiClean,etc) or a common stain-removal product (Spray & Wash, etc) should work.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (glenn) wrote in message

I would try Simple Green, yes the household cleaner. Everytime a friend has a grease problem they ask,"Whats that cleaner again?" I buy it in the BIG bottles....after all it cleans my house AND helps in laundry Sandy
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (glenn) wrote:

Murphey's Oil Soap has been known to remove ranch dressing stains. I wonder if your brand of dressing contains a gummy substance. Vaseline can be used to dissolve a gummy stain so it can be washed out with detergent.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd