Laptop Screen

I need to clean my screen on my laptop it has smear marks and finger prints on it, what is the best thing to use so as not to damage it? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Unlucky

Start with a soft, clean cloth. Microfiber is great. Don't spray anything on the screen. Instead, dampen the cloth. Plain water is safest. A 50% mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water works better.

A lot of common cleaning ingredients are not safe for LCD screens. Apple says not to use alcohol, but diluted isopropyl alcohol seems to be the exception, according to other manufacturers.

Reply to
Sawney Beane

I did mine the other day by applying a very mild solution of warm water and washing up liquid via a barely damp microfibre cloth. When the spots and smears seemed to be shifting a bit I used a brand new dry microfibre cloth to clean it off. I have tried screen wipes for the job before now and was very disappointed however this method brought my screen back to good as new condition.

Reply to
ronaldhenrythomas