Laminate foors

Hi all,

I have been replacing all of my wall to wall with laminate room by room and now only the bedrooms have carpet. Somehow, I have amassed a ton of cleaning equipment. I have the dry swiffer, wet swiffer, a little mini vac from Bissel that use dry swiffers, along with my serious heavy duty vac for carpets and a mop and broom. I had an older Orek that was great because it did a wonderful job on hard surfaces and I could also run it over the large scatter rugs I have here and there, but I gave it away. :-(

I need to reduce this clutter of cleaning stuff! I have animals and I feel like usinga broom just sets teh hair air-borne. My big vac, although it was teh 2nd best rated by consumer reports for carpets, just isn't that good on hard surfaces, seems to blow the stuff around. The little bissel thing is great, but not that powerful so it is slow.

What do you guys recommend? right now I am thinking of a stick vac that could do the floors and scatter rugs and also the Floor mate but then I will need to build a new utilty room to hold the never ending collection.

Thanks

Reply to
The Data Rat

=== Have you checked into getting a hard floor attachment for it? My Hoover Powerdrive has extreme suction but I don't like pushing it on hard floors and it didn't come with a hard floor brush. I found a wide floor attachment that has short brush (helps keep it from pulling up the vinyl) and it works perfectly (and fast) on the hard floors. == ==

Reply to
Gini

Don't know the answer to your question - but have one of my own.

I'm gonna have to replace my carpet next year and we are trying to decide between carpet and something like Pergo. How hard is it to keep clean? Thanks.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

I'd use a dust mop for the wooden floors. An upright vac with attachments would be a good choice for versatility, and they take up little space. If your large area rugs are heavy, the beater bar on the upright will do a better job than a stick vac.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
The Data Rat

I use my shop vac with a floor brush on it. I also have a powered brush (WITH NO BEATER BAR) for the throw rugs. It is driven by the air being sucked in by the vac. It spins faster than most electric vacuum cleaners do.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

I am going to suggest you purchase a "Hoover FloorMate". I have used one when cleaning wood, laminate and vinyl floors and am perfectly happy. Just check into what kind of cleaning solutions you can use.

I have included the "eopinions" page of reviews for you!!

sijka

I replaced all my carpet with laminate in August. It is very easy to keep clean. I realize now just how filthy carpet is. Even if it looks clean, it isn't. I would never go back to carpet.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I replaced all my carpet (on the main floor) with laminate in August. I use Swiffers (or an equivalent brand of electrostatic cloth) to clean up the dust and pet hair. For spot cleaning, I put an old washcloth on the Swiffer mop head and damp mop. I use the Lysol brand solution that is sold to be used for damp mopping. You could use the solution sold for the wet mops. For a more serious cleaning, I use my Eureka Envirosteamer (steam mop.) The steam mop does a great job, is quick, requires no chemicals, and leaves the floor nearly dry.

Reply to
Vox Humana

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:22:26 -0500, The Data Rat wrote: thats yor biggest concern Hey, Not very independant thinking can lead to alzhiemers> Hi all,

Reply to
Wuertemberg Surprize