Just Curious - Trash Day?

Tomorrow is trash day and I'm debating on whether or not to put out the trash later this afternoon (like a lot of my neighbors) or wait until tommorrow morning and put it out.
I hate putting the trash out early and then come to have people put their throw their trash on top of my trash - which is why I usually wait til the day of.
I was just curious as to whether you put your trash out the night before or the day of?
Rose http://members.aol.com/Roseb44170/home.html "How did I ever get talked into this?"
On 14 Jun 2004 23:12:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Rose) wrote:

We put it out the morning of trash day, only because my husband comes home early in the morning and gathers the trash then. It wouldn't bother us if someone puts some trash in our bin. It's all going to the same place ;-)
Nan

Our trash gets picked-up around 5AM, therefore I put it out the night before. Trash removal is part of our homeowner's association fee, so everyone pays and there is no need to have others put their trash in you can. I would be annoyed if someone did that under other circumstances.
On 14 Jun 2004 23:12:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Rose) wrote:

In our city they empty the trash cans from the side (or behind) the house which helps keep a tidy neighborhood. But, lids have to be kept on securely due to night-time animals, particularly raccoons. Thankfully, there are no bears in the city area.
On 14 Jun 2004 23:12:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Rose) wrote:

I normally forget then see all the others lined up out front just before I go to bed. I would be annoyed if someone put unwrapped trash in my bin, I try to keep it clean by bagging before binning and I wash it out myself regularly. There is an option to have a company wash the bins after they've been emptied, there's an extra charge for that service but not many take it in my street. I put my recycle box out at night too. If someone puts the correct rubbish in that's ok but if ever they fill it with chip papers and any other old junk then I would probably change my timing.
Our rubbish people come any time from 3.00am onwards, so the bins go out the night before. Our bins are usually pretty full so people can't get anything in them. Anyway, in our community, we tend to fill up each other's bins if ours is full.

the night before, because they come really early!
i don't mind people putting stuff in the bin, & ours is usually mostly empty anyway, but of course i would if they charged by weight like they do in some countries. :-) i'd object if they sullied the recycling, but since the bin's right there too i'm sure your average garbage bin infiltrator would just use the right bin, wouldn't they?
one time i met a neighbour for the first time when i caught her putting stuff in our bin. she was very embarrassed, although i didn't mind. (it's pretty poor form though, so she probably should have been embarrassed.) kylie
--
www.rdj.com.au

I sneaked out in the middle of the night with a junk TV and stand for my neighbour's skip and she spotted me. Next day I found it thrown back over the fence.

that makes sense though - don't you have to pay for a skip? if someone put crap in my skip (not that i have one, but if i did) that would be space i'm paying for. so it's a bit different.
did it escalate to duelling dog poos over the fence, threatening notes, & cutting off one another's electricity in the night? ;-) kylie

There's an unwritten rule. The payer gets first go at the skip all day then when it's dark anyone can have a go :) The city council puts out skips sometimes for free but they look the same as paid for skips so how could I tell the difference!

When i fall out with neighbours I state my case then I blank them.
snipped-for-privacy@whoever.com (Sweep) wrote:

What's a skip?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 6/19/04.
Only 6 days until my birthday. "Shop early, shop often, shop
(Sweep) wrote:

Skip=Dumpster or bin
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Rose) wrote:

The night before, but I don't have that problem with people throwing their trash on my trash.
Just curious: Why do you let that bother you so much?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

trash in your trash can since your trash is going to the dump where you can be sure that other people's trash will be put on top of your trash anyway.

Scout Lady wrote:

/delurk:
I can't answer for the original poster, but I pay the barrel, and if my barrel is overfilled, I get charged extra. If there are lose items on top of my trash we would be charged extra for those, as well as any appliances and oversized objects which have a surcharge added, too.
Some communities charge by the pound, which is what the town next door to me does. Their trucks weigh the amount of trash and if it goes over, a surcharge is added.
There are valid reasons to be concerned with someone throwing their trash away in your barrels.
Though if there isn't a good reason, other than they don't want the other trash with theirs, it's pretty short sighted. I would much rather someone add their trash to my pile, rather than dump it in my pond.
Cal~ /relurk.

surcharges.
prefer it to them throwing it on the ground as well.

about the recycling buckets. It really doesn't matter whether I put them out the night before or the day of but someone will always put their trash in it AFTER the trash guys have left. That's mostly what I mean. But they do throw trash everywhere else too!
I'm thinking of sicking my webcam on them!
Rose http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/consult.htm "Can YOU Make Money on the Internet?-YES!"
Since our trash truck comes at 7 am, our neighborhood usually puts it out at night. We also use each others trash cans. In our city, trash cannot be put out 12 hours before trash pick up and the containers have to be removed 12 hours after trash pick up or a 25.00 ticket is issued. Now, if we could just get a law that requires trash bins to be stored out of sight!
Suzi