It can't be steam!!

I have a small hand held steamer. It really puts out the steam, or is it steam?? I accidentally got my hand in front of the steam? and it wasn't hot. It was more like an almost cool mist. What gives?
Hi Tom
Sounds to me like a cheap john that you had to put salt in to get it to work the first time!
The salt makes the water conductive between two plates and it does boil, but by the time the bubbles get to the top of the column of water and out the hole, they have been water cooled, hi hi.....
Professional steamers the output steam is usually at around 250 degrees. Some do this by maintaining a certain internal pressure, others by reheating the steam vapor from the boiler as it passes through an inline reheater.
My DW bought a red steamer, I measured the output temperature and it was only around 185 degrees unless she used the pinpoint nozzle, then it jumped up to around 200 degrees. It's better than most, but nothing like a professional model.
TTUL Gary