Is Chicago water hard or soft?

Page 3 of 3

Soft as a baby's bottom.
--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that
the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
You really can't beat Lake Michigan water... No worries about hard or soft, just use it as is. I haven't had lime build up or icky slimy soft water either.
I don't know of any chicagoans with a water softener. I HATE softened water, makes you feel slimy.
~Renee
Ajanta wrote:

: Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I : went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water : is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft? Thanks.
I think the question of if Chicago water is hard or soft depends on how fast you are traveling when you hit the water...
--
John Nelson