ironing temperatures.

I've been ironing my cotton shirts on max (the iron setting) with steam as it works better but now I think I might be shortening the life of the shirt? some are getting a bit ratty.

does anyone have any tips on this?

John.

Reply to
kd

iron when the shirts are still damp. Turn the cuffs and collar if fraying has started but don't expect cotton to last forever.

Reply to
Stoney

I agree with this but have one word of warning. If you are ironing a crease into the collar and cuffs you will shorten the life of your shirts. Collars and cuffs are meant to be rolled not ironed in and as they are stiffened become brittle and break when ironed into a crease, over time. This often causes them to fray and look old - when they needn't be.

Take a look at

and click through to the shirt ironing page, it will give you hints and a step-by-step pictorial example.

Hope this helps

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean