iRobot Scooba / Roomba

The question is not if you can do it faster than the robot, but if you can do it faster than the time it takes to start the robot. If it was necessary to stand and watch while the robot was working then there wouldn't be much point. If I spend 30 minutes vacuuming each week and can save that with a robot, then at $15 per hour its less than a year to pay off the most expensive model ($350). I think it sounds great, and I'm not sure what the value of having freshly vacuumed floors everyday instead of only once a week would be, but then it's probably paid off a whole lot sooner. I look forward to hearing more from Roomba owners.

Reply to
matthew

Poisonally, I thought SNL's Woomba robot sketch was a real hoot:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Jeff,

The Woomba avi was outrageous!! Thanks for the link.

73's,

Smarty

Reply to
Smarty

I have a scheduler (discovery) roomba and I love it!!! I does a great job and I don't have to be at home when it is working, although I do have to pick up the room first. After it has finished, it goes back to re-charge. As to the other parts of the house that require a standard vacuum, I now have more time to do them.

Reply to
Charlesmurphy via HomeKB.com

I could not sit in my lounge looking at a newly vacummed carpet and see the skirting board with dust on plus the edges of everything with legs unvacummed because the Roomba can't reach into those spots. I would have to get the feather duster and attachments out. Before one starts the Roomba I am told the room must be cleared of clutter. I can push a vacuum around and move things at the same time so like Phish I too can do it faster than a Roomba, it is NOT just a start button.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk