Inside the medicine dropper

I have a child's medicine dropper that I use to give mylanta, etc., to my dogs. The problem is getting the inside clean. Q-tips are't long enough. Just rinsing doesn't do it -- the mylanta is too thick. Is there something I already might have around the house to clean it, or will I have to go buy some pipe cleaners?!
TIA,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

I take mine to a self-service carwash.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Try a pipe cleaner.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

That'd work.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

I have several of them because I give a liquid prescription medication to my child on a daily basis. What I do is give her the medicine, then get a cup of water with a little dish detergent in it. Suck up some of the soapy water, squirt it out. Repeat about 4 or 5 times, then do the same thing but with plain (non soapy) hot water.
If it is the kind of dropper with a removable top, then you can run hot water thru it and wash it in the dishwasher (in the covered basket thingy if you have one).

I think it's easier to use a large syringe (without needle), because you can force soapy and clean water in and out of it more easily with the plunger. If the pharmacist isn't allowed to give you one where you are, you should be able to get one from your vet.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."

http://www.safety1st.com/product.asp?productIDb0