How to remove deodorant/sweat stains from shirts?

I have always had a problem with under arm sweating, why I dunno but it's really annoying. Recently I have started to use a product called "Drysol", you apply it at night, remove it the next morning and your sweating problems are over, usually only have to do this once a week to maintaine the problem from happening. OK, that part I have down solid.

I have a emerald green sleevless shirt I just bought a few weeks ago and wore it last week for the first time (before using Drysol) and I have pit/deodorant stains where the shirt lies under the arm pit. I washed the shirt but it didn't come out, it faded a bit but didn't totally come out.

PLEASE, does anyone here know how to get this crap out? It's really frustrating and I don't want to trash the shirt, it's a hot shirt:)

Thanks.

P.S. I'm a guy and I have tried EVERY deodorant on the market, they all stain (especially if you sweat)! If anyone can recommend one that maybe I have not tried, I'm all ears:)

Reply to
Justin Culpeper

googled and found this

hope it helps

chris :-)

Reply to
chris

Hi,

Try a weak solution of ammonia (say 20% household ammonia with 80% water) leave on the stain for a while then clean normally.

You can take a look at the stain section on

where there are more instructions from the stain picker on the first page of the stain section.

Hope this helps

Reply to
DrClean
Reply to
Justin Culpeper

That's why I don't use commercial deodorants. I have a terribly bad funky armpit odour, like cockroach smell, so I need deodorant. however not just any deodorant, because I don't want it to clog up my skin or give me bad smell afterwards. So I tried to stay away from store deodorants as much as possible, and I only use deodorant not antisperspirant. I've been using UARMSOL deodorant powder for many years now and I have no more armpit odours. The deodorant pwd works even when you stop using it for a day or 2 because it doesn't leave you smelling bad afterwards unlike other deodorants out there. Even when I sweat I don't have any odours, this deodorant works great and I'm loving it. I can't go out in the day without putting it on. I applied 1 pinch and it's all to it for the whole day without worries about any smell afterwards. There's no after sport smell or odour masking. I would recommend it to anyone who has underarm odour.

Reply to
underarm