How to get rid of yellow underarm stains?

I've tried vinegar, but it hasn't worked yet. The chances are very good I'm doing it wrong, though. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm running out of shirts to wear!
-Brian
change deoderant

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

What deodorant would you recommend? I've tried almost all of them.
-B
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:50:42 -0400, Brian Bernardini

Just a plain deodorant. Not an anti-persperant. If that isn't an option, there is a product called "Yellow Out" that works very well. I've used it on both my husband and son's white t-shirts. It's in a container similar to "Rust Out" and can be found in most large stores.
Nan

Hi Brian,
I would tend to try ammonia before trying an acid treatment. It doesn't really matter which way round you do it though. Household ammonia should do in a 20% solution added directly to the aera. If that's not c ompletely successful then add hydrogen peroxide to the area while the ammonia is still there (the ammonia will speed up the reaction of the hydrogen peroxide so be careful of colour change).
Hope this helps -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

I had the color change happen to me before. Wow was my wife mad. <sigh>
I learned the hard way.
Anyways, DR, your right!. :)
Mike http://www.creativeartsensations.com

I think ammonia is recommended for fresh stains and vinegar if they're older, but a dryer may set them permanently.
I have a couple of khaki shirts with yellow armpits, and it occurred to me to try your old tip about ammonia and peroxide. The peroxide foamed a lot but in an hour didn't seem to make any difference. The trick is to turn off fluorescent lights. The stains don't show under incandescents.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Get some "Greased Lightning" its a household cleanerin a spray bottle. Squirt on trouble spots, let set a little while,launder as usual. I don`t get any credit for this, I learned it online too. Sandy