How to get a newsprint stain off a wood table

Hi,

I have a light pine table. My daughter was painting and put newspaper down to cover the table. When we took the newspaper back up we found a patch about 1"x1" where the newsprint had transferred onto the table. I have never seen this before and do not know how to get it off. The black ink is apparent in words and artwork from an ad in the paper. It is not raised and so it cannot be scraped off. I am afraid to do anything that would damage the wood.

If anyone has any idea about how to clean this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Reply to
Adrian

Rubbing alcohol should remove it. Do not use alcohol-based solvents on any shellac finishes.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Adrian