How to clean ink from polo shirt?

Hi all! I did my laundry and a blue ball point pen was left in one of the pant. It spread ink all over a blue polo shirt. I try shout, spray and wash and oxi clean and none of those make a different. Is there any way to remove the ink?
Thanks a million!

try here http://www.tipking.com/Tips/publish/tip_61.shtml

Try rubbing alcohol.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Yup! I agree - Methylated Spirits. -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Rubbing alcohol, or plain hairspray (unscented). Failing that, Carbona stain devils have a product formulated for ink.
Nan
I've found hairspray to be best...but don't know how well it works after the garment was washed.
Dorothy

in it and does work on some kinds of ink very well. -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web
Thanks for all the reply and suggestion. Here are the result and a question: The ink spot (more than 6) is bigger than the size of a dollar coin and it has been laundered. First, I use the rubbing alcohol with paper towel and it doesn't seem to work. However, once I switch it with cotton ball, the blue ink starting coming off. When I thought this is it, it stop working. For some reason, it only lift some ink off but the rest still remain. Then I switch it to hairspray on different area (not been treated with alcohol) and it didn't do anything (change 2 brand of hair spray). I wonder if this has anything to do with the clothes being laundered? I read from the link above that milk will also work. Have anyone try it? Thanks.
DrClean wrote:

Try sitting the stain in a dish of alcohol, or pouring alcohol through it, rather than trying to dab it off.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
On 22 Sep 2003 16:58:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@sure.spam-me-silly.net (jamie) wrote:

Yep, this would be my suggestion.... soaking it in the alcohol.
Nan

ballpoint-ink stains, depending on what kind of ballpoint ink it was. Now they skip (no pun intended) all that and recommend Amodex.
Amodex is a French soap sold in little bottles. It's on the web.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd