How do you CLEAN THE INSIDE OF THE WINDOWS???

Particularly the windshield. I've tried many different kinds of glass cleaners including the highly reccomended INVISIBLE GLASS. I think I have it clean and the next time the sun hits it, it's just a smeared as ever. I don't want to kinow if it comes from the dash material, the AC, my breath, etc., I just want to know how to clean it!! Someone reading this post knows the secret. I hope he/she will sharte it with the group.

Reply to
tomkanpa

Depends. Cleaning the windshield of a smoker is a totally different matter and may require harsh detergents.

In a bucket mix 1 cup household ammonia, 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 teaspoon of laundry detergent, and 2 quarts of hot water. Wash using a terry cloth, wipe dry using a clean towel. This will remove most of the dirt/grease. Then lightly moisten paper towels with Windex and polish. You can use newspaper with black-and-white printed ink instead of the paper towels. The ink helps polish the glass. Do not polish the glass in direct sunlight. Do not smoke.

Reply to
Phisherman

Cleaning to get up loose dirt is easy, for example a pail of water with a little detergent, a sponge, and a drying cloth.

To remove films and streaks, I use a method that was common in the Depression and probably long before.

I use four parts water, one part ammonia, 1/2 part vinegar. For a windshield, those parts could be tablespoons because it takes only a few drops.

I take a wad of newsprint and apply a couple of drops of solution to make some damp spots. Then I polish. When the newsprint grabs instead of sliding easily over the glass, you're doing it right. When it quits grabbing the surface should be crystal clear.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

Do not pass go.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Best advice.

Mrs Bonk" wrote

LOL

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

Reply to
Norman Kaye

I USE BISSELL WINDOW CLEANER IN THE ORANGE CAN. "NEVER" A STREAK . I DO MY HOUSE WINDOWS & HUBBYS CAR WINDOWS. GOOD STUFF. WILLIE

Reply to
willie