How do I remove odor from plastic container?/

I have an empty plastic container that Bonz dog treats came in. Despite leave the lid off for over a month, if you put the lid back on, in a couple hours you can still smell the Bonz odor in it. I would like to use the container to store other food products. Peanuts in the shell, etc.. Is there any way I can permanently remove the odor??

Reply to
tomkanpa

I imagine the same tricks for odours in the fridge would apply- such as rubbing with a slice of lemon then storing overnight with the lemon slice still in. Bicarbonate of soda stored inside for a while to absorb the smell. Fresh air, sunlight. At a push an overnight soak in bleach (watered down) well, rinsed of course, then air dried.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk