How do I clean wax from a brick patio?

My friend had a citronella candle on his patio and the thing ended up getting so hot that it kind of burnt through the metal and all of the wax stained the cement. He got all of the excess wax removed, but there is still the stain that has penetrated the bricks. I guess he tried using a power washer and tried using Goof Off, but those did nothing. Any ideas for what can penetrate and get rid of the stain marks? Thanks
-d

Since it's brick, I wonder what heat would do? What would happen if you used a hot air gun to bring the brick up way past the melting point of wax? Wonder if what's left would just seep into the brick...?