Hoover Windtunnel - Filter installation??

This may be a strange question...BUT, I have a Hoover Windtunnel, bagless vac. It has a HEPA filter on the side of the canister. When I purchased the vacuum, the green side of the filter was facing out; however the instructions say the white (more porous) side of the filter should face out. Can someone please set me straight on this one??
"ohberg" <tohberg> wrote in message

If it's like mine, the white side should face out. -Dave