Hoover SteamVac WidePath versus Agility

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these Hoover models? I can't tell from their web site (or any place else) what the difference is (other than the MSRP) between the WidePath and the Agility models.

Hoover has an enormous number of models.

So there is not much difference between many of them.
We have a widepath with auto rinse that works well on our low nap carpet but some people complain that they don't hold up on carpeting with long yarn. Don't know anything about the agility. I recently rented a rug doctor when I was out of town. That did a good job too and might be heavier duty. All it does is vibrate but it got some very dirty carpeting clean. Probably better than my hoover. They are available for sale.

Yep, the Rug Doctor does a good job and I've love to own one but they sell for around $700 or $900 (for the "wide track" version), which unfortunately is a bit out of my price range. I've heard people mention that they can be gotten cheaper off eBay and I'm sure that's true, but I'm a little uncomfortable with buying something like that used.
I buy tons of stuff off ebay mostly used. Buy one from someone with perfect feedback that says it works and it should be ok. Pay by paypal and you will probably have puchase protection of $200 to $2000. Better than Best Buy.

Personally I like Hoovers, I think I have a Steam Vac All Terrain. It's in the basement, so not looking at it. I picked it up at a Lowes, I seem to live there, and I'm impressed with what it can do to keep a 10+ year old carpet clean, even with a 5 year old running around.
Point is, the cleaner I picked up is more expensive upgrade, and based on consumer reports of a simular model. The point is that I went to consumer reports and suggest that you check with consumer rating services, so you can get a comparison of all different models. I find that I buy an applicance like this, and I end up keeping it for like a decade. So I don't want to buy junk.
Just my guess....
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com
Consumer Reports really hasn't done a thorough review of carpet cleaning machines for a long time.

You're right. That's the first thing I usually check when considering a purchase like this but in this case it didn't help me any.
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:52:20 GMT, "Art"

Ya Know, you're right. I went looking again when you said this. Must by why I looked for the latest version of the V2.
tom