Help with laundry detergent in carpet

In one of my more boneheaded moves of the year, I left a nearly full 96-load jug of liquid laundry detergent on top of our front-loading washer during its cycle and came home to find a completely empty 96-load jug of laundry detergent on the floor in front of the washer and a very pretty blue stain in the carpet in front of the machine.
I went out and rented a rug doctor and went over the thing with just water repeatedly over two days, but kept getting more and more foam. Towards the end of my efforts, the extracted water had a yellowish tinge to it, and I now have a really crappy looking piece of carpeting with yellowish stains across much of it and blue detergent stain where the carpet meets the vinyl tile floor.
I'm really at a loss for what to do next to try to restore this piece of carpet to a decent appearance. It's in a very conspicuous location linking one end of the upstairs part of the house with another, and I know I'm going to fume every time I walk past it to the baby's room if I can't at least mitigate the appearance.
Can anyone offer suggestions?
What color is the carpet?

Beige, oatmeal, somewhere in that range.
Karen Newton wrote:

Shampoo is hard to get out of carpet even when you have only used the recommended amount. I always go back over the area with a mixture of white vinegar and water ... I don't know if that would help in your case or not...don't think it would hurt.
Mike wrote:

You have a really clean carpet. That is a big downfall for liquid detergents until they can design a spill-proof container. While you're saving up for new carpeting, use a throw rug over the area.

Yes. Get a large wet vac, bring in a water hose and dilute the detergent. Foam (suds) causes problems for some carpets cleaners; so, the chemical industry responded with a type of product called a "defoamer". A bit of that might do you a lot of good.
________________________ Experience is something you don't get--until just after you need it.