HELP/WHITE STAIN ON MAROON TOILET BOWL

Hi guyz, pls give me advise on how to remove those white stains on our maroon toilet bowl, its seems like our water here is rich in mineral content-(lime?) what shall i do to remove those forever.. i have tried the toilet duck cleaner/bathroom duck power cleaner and even muriatic acid. but seems when it dries those white stains remain.. what shall i do? im getting desperate..
amang wrote:

scrub...after that it it's still there...use something like Barkeeper's Friend or BonAmi that will scrub but not scratch.

A product called CLR (stands for Calcium, Lime, Rust) should remove the white scale. The problem is that it will come back again. You could add an in line water softener/filter to your incoming water line to reduce or eliminate the problem in the future, but replacing the maroon toilet with a white one would be less expensive in the long run. Debra in VA See my quilts at http://community.webshots.com/user/debplayshere