Help, brick dust on my week old carpet

Just got black brick dust on my new light beige carpet. it has gone right into the pile and hoovering it wont shift it. I dont want to wet it just yet, whats the best way to get rid of this mess.
TIA
Douglas
On 7 Jul 2003 15:07:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Douglas) wrote:

Lightly beat the carpet using a crevice attachment hooked to a heavy-duty shop vac. Then use a granulated (moist) carpet cleaner (like "Resolve") per instruction on the label.