Hca can Iron marks be removed from a rug?

My wife likes to iron on our rug and shes made a few burn marks with the iron. Is there anyway to get rid of the marks (or my wife...j/k).
Thanks
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

Hi
It depends on what the rug is made of. Scorch marks can be removed sometimes from wool using acetic acid, or even by gently shaving the fibres. However, if the rug is a mixture of synthetic and natural or man made fibres then she's likely to have melted them, making it almost impossible to correct.
Hope this helps
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk