Hazy residue on glass bowls

I picked up some glass bowls on eBay, and they have a sort of hazy residue inside. If I press very hard with my fingernail, I can scratch a little of it off in places. But it would take forever to remove it that way.

Any suggestions on how best to try to clean it off? We put them through the dishwasher and it had no effect.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Lovern

Either vinegar or CLR should work. If not, then the glass is probably etched and you won't be able to get it off.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I have this happen sometimes to my glass bowls. I use a non scratching sos pad. Comes right off.

Theresa

Reply to
Baroness Benachi

The hazy residue may be from hard water; an overnight soak in vinegar should help remove this. Then scrub with a nonscratch pad and a paste of baking soda and dish soap. Rinse with vinegar diluted in water as hot as you can stand.

Reply to
Tish Wolfe