Has anyone tried the mop shoe?

Does that look like a good idea? I need to find a new floor cleaning tool. I'm thinking of getting a miracle mop because the rectangular head floor cleaners don't convince me that the floor is really that clean. I usually do wipe downs but now I have a lot more bare floor to cover. Helpful feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
ggg

That reminds me of a funny story I read about a couple of women duct-taping maxi pads to the soles of their sneakers and swiffer-skating the kitchen floor.

Reply to
jamie

-> ggg wrote:

-> >

-> > Does that look like a good idea? I need to find a new floor cleaning

-> > tool. I'm thinking of getting a miracle mop because the rectangular

-> > head floor cleaners don't convince me that the floor is really that

-> > clean. I usually do wipe downs but now I have a lot more bare floor to

-> > cover. Helpful feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

->

-> That reminds me of a funny story I read about a couple of

-> women duct-taping maxi pads to the soles of their sneakers and

-> swiffer-skating the kitchen floor.

When I was in basic training we found that maxi pads were the best things we could find for applying wax to the floors.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

oh god! reminds me of my younger years growing up in the Philippines. When I was a kid, it was my task to apply paste wax to our hardwood floors and polish them off manually with a coconut shell husk brush using our feet. Imagine dancing the Twist with these husk brushes. Then someone invented these coconut husk "shoes" and it was so much easier skating across the floor with these. However, they didn't do as good a job as the hard-labor coconut shell brushes. Yes, we were too poor to get an electric floor polisher in case you'll ask why we didn't just use one of them.

I'm sure the comparison applies--mopshoes are probably not as good as giving the floor a real good old-fashioned mopping

Ricky

Reply to
RickyE